Cooler weather, leaves falling, football, and a bowl of Chili…Fall is officially here! This is a great time of year to spend time with your lifegroups with intentionality. When brainstorming about this topic, many ideas popped into my head. I even googled some! Here are the top 10 I came up with.
1. Movie night outside for kids and families. Easy to do with a video projector. Pick the right movie, circle up the lawn chairs, and bring on the popcorn.
2. Drop in for waffles and bacon on a Saturday morning. Again, everyone’s kids will love this idea. 3 or 4 waffle irons make it easy. Add-ins like blueberries, chocolate chips, and pecans make it fun (and tasty!).
3. Invite neighbors over for a potluck theme dinner night (Italian, Mexican, etc.). Go all out with music and decorations. Make it fun and it will be easy to connect.
4. Garage sale for a local cause. Gather up your merchandise. Pick out a great local cause or charity. Be ready to talk about why you’re doing it.
5. Pull a fire pit or chiminea onto your front porch or driveway. Bring out the patio furniture. Be ready to offer a warm cup of cider and a s’more to neighbors passing by.
6. Join in the fun to offer some safe Halloween fun. No tracts. Just the best candy and the friendliest people on the block.
7. Chili cook off. No better time to host a chili cook off complete with judges, prizes and Tums.
8. Block party cookout. Roll the grills into the cul de sac and bring out the lawn chairs. Do it right it might turn into an annual event!
9. The Big Game on the big screen. Plan a party for the day of the biggest college game in your area. Think Super Bowl party with local flair. Make it fun for the whole family.
10. Game night. Whether your game of choice is bunco or pictionary, there’s a way to do that’s even more fun. Think tournament. Have goofy prizes for the winners.
It doesn’t matter what you do…just do something. Being intentionally outward focused is a choice that we make.
What are some other ideas?